FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Large CE Cabins
Thread: Large CE Cabins
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:43 pm
tuonopepper

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Chris9642
I’ve had a run of excellent BA flights recently and have generally been enjoying my experiences but returning from AGP this weekend in a 12 row CE cabin was dreadful - I have experienced a few of these larger CE cabins recently (I think there was another thread about this recently) and can’t understand the inconsistency - sometimes delivered seamlessly but on this occasion it felt like the Purser had already accepted defeat before we set off - absolutely miserable on boarding , not hot towels , no pre dinner drinks - over an hour to get food and heard him loudly complaining in the galley about the large CE cabins and how impossible it is to deliver any kind of service. Also never seen this happen before but a passenger was removed from 1D to make space for an extra crew member and displaced back to row 8 away from their partner - a member of the crew then took the seat for take off - assuming not a new recruit as it was Eurofleet.

The tone and attitude of the senior crew members always sets the tone for the entire flight - certainly not a rant rant but just sharing the observations - this route is surely long enough to allow a fairly steady , organised service delivery - I’ve seen it done so on much shorter sectors. My days of flying in 3 row CE cabins seems like a distant memory - sweet spot feels like 4-8 rows.
13 rows of CE on my last MAN to LHR sector, 33 minutes in the air, unusually no holding into LHR. Crew never stood a chance, they did try to be fair, almost to the point of throwing the offering at PX, last row hadn't been served as '15 mi s to landing' was announced from the flight deck.