FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:15 pm
serpens

Originally Posted by chongcao
I agree the wording is not clear. But we all know how bad IHG IT was/is/will be.
Umm, the wording was clear. And saying that IHG IT is bad does not excuse IHG for clearly saying something and then trying to say it means something else.

The point I want to make is the historically these Jan/Apr/Jun...bonus offer is, BONUS offer and never counted as one of the completion offer.
Things change. Usually they change to benefit the company and not the consumer, but things change. Surely you're not saying that IHG couldn't change the terms of the promotion this time.

The reality is only IHG can determine if you are eligible for the completion. [...] For me, I would not waste my time arguing with IHG. There is no point.
If you said that only IHG determines whether to award points, I could agree with you. And when you say it's probably wasting time to try to get IHG (or any company) to honor its statements, I do agree with you. None of this changes the fact that IHG did say Complete 3 of the 4 offers and apparently has no qualms about reneging.