FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preference b/w UA, AC, or OZ business class?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:47 am
steveschow

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, AA MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Gold
a bit crazy routing, but I didn't have much time to loo for other options ...

What is that website you're using to build that itinerary and book with the United segment first and it lets you get the rest of the AC flights on the same ticket? Again, new at this so sorry if that's obvious.

Nevermind, figured out it's Google Flights.

Also when I click "book this trip with United" it just makes me go to United and enter my multi-city itinerary again, at which point it won't allow me to buy the AC direct flight YVR-ICN, only a connection back to SFO. So not sure what Google or me are smoking but it's not cooperating.

Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin
There is a second United flight from SFO on a polaris configured 777-200 (UA805/806).
I saw that. But it arrives at almost 10PM on Sunday night and the last bus going to where I need to be Monday morning leaves the terminal at 10:30. So it's a no go. I could do the 777-200 flight on the way home, but kind of a bummer as it leaves at noon, but I wouldn't be tired enough to sleep until 8-9 hours into the 11 hour flight.

Originally Posted by CIT85
As UA Plat, I would expect you would want to stay with UA for the PQM and PQD towards status and higher RDM, perhaps work towards 1K.
Thanks, yeah, I think as my first foray into international business class I need to focus on qualifying for 1K next year over anything else.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 17, 2019 at 6:50 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member