FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Article: Encore Q400s could take over these Delta routes
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:36 am
GateGuardian

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by PHXflier
A Delta Connection E175 (flown on SEA-YVR, for example) is so much more comfortable than an Encore Dash 8... For one, the seat pitch on the 175 is 34 inches in C+ with a width over 18 inches, whereas the Dash 8 is 30" and 17", respectively. Feels like the CRJ-200 sardine can all over again, except now with propellers. Delta will need to be very careful to not lose their elite customers on these routes. Also, Westjet and Delta will need to integrate their elite benefits much better before they contemplate this: reciprocal baggage allowance, seat selection, on-line check in, etc. Right now there is hardly any coordination between them, and there is hardly a better way for Delta to lose elite customers than to nickle-and-dime them in a Westjet way, where DL elite status is not generally recognized.
Most of the routes from Toronto is busy enough to have mainline planes. I don't see Delta giving them up any time soon. I would definitely consider flying someone else if I have to take a Q400 for my first leg every week.