FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - medical letter to justify pre-boarding for 'invisible' condition?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:58 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by Often1
There is no requirement of a letter from a physician and there is no requirement that you discuss any particular issue. Thus, in your case, "I am unable to stand in long lines and require pre--boarding" is the extent of what you must and should disclose.
On "bad days" I request pre-boarding at the gate before boarding has even started, so that the GA is aware there is someone who needs it. These days I keep my request very simple: "I would like to pre-board for medical reasons."

Only once ever had a problem, and that was with JetBlue at LGB. Some wheelchair pusher (not the GA) demanded that I use a wheelchair to pre-board and I refused because it wasn't just a trip down the jetway. It would have been wheelchair across the tarmac to the stairs where they strap you to a different chair and 2 guys dragged it up the stairs (like they did to an older gentleman ahead of me - THUMP, THUMP, THUMP up the stairs).