FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Business Class Food - downhill again
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:29 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by moondog
I am no longer of the opinion that KA's catering is leaps and bounds about CX's fyi.
Indeed, KA food has fallen much harder than CX.

CX has been a long and slow decline since I've been flying (12 years). KA has been very abrupt, "over the ledge" moment happened maybe 2-3 years ago?

KA still offers an extra choice to PVG and PEK in J class during lunch and dinner "meal time" flights, and of course KA still regularly offers F multiple times a day to PEK which is quite pleasant.

But overall, while we whinge about CX premium catering (complaints are well deserved), the real crash has occured at KA. Precisely because it was so good before. It was a nice little secret for those of us regulars that KA was hands down the better choice over CX, especially in premium classes, especially when it comes to catering. It was always amusing to see the partner award folks selecting CX over KA (to PVG/PEK), and more than once online I saw KA erroneously referred to in blogs / articles etc as CX's "budget carrier" or something to that extent. It was hands down superior to PEK and PVG over CX.

But that is no longer true at all. And the decline all happened at once, when the two were "harmonized" to CX standards. Around when the menus became the same / hard product became the same.