FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Priority: Status, Upgrade Type, Rolling 12 Month EQD Spend
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:25 pm
jpsj
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Lightbulb Business Extra Upgrade Segment Priority

I have been making use of the BE upgrade segment awards. However, I have had a strange experience of getting upgraded using them. Sometimes the awards clear well in advance. However, on my last flight, I had the experience of my PHX-GEG segment not clearing and being about 8th on the upgrade list. I am a EXP and so very rarely show up below 3rd on the list. I have been told by BE that the BE upgrade trumps the complimentary upgrade queue---and falls behind system-wide upgrades. In this case, that would mean that on my PHX-GEG flight, 7 others were trying to upgrade with something else besides a complimentary upgrade. I find this hard to believe. I asked at the airport and the agents said that the BE upgrade is simply like having a complimentary upgrade--they process together. I also got the following message from the Twitter desk. The agents and twitter desk are saying the complete opposite as the BE folks. If the BE upgrade processes the same as a complimentary upgrade, then it is a waste for me to use it, as my status would get the upgrade. Thoughts?

Last edited by jpsj; Jul 17, 2019 at 7:00 am Reason: I had meant to put EXP--not PE!!!!