FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dogs in the Club Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:14 pm
AirbusFan2B

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Hi All,

I'm posting this mostly because I know Hyatt Corporate pays attention to these boards. Last weekend I was at the H.R. Lost Pines (a wonderful place) and twice observed animals in the club lounge. These may have been "comfort" animals but were definitely NOT "service" animals. The difference is one type is highly trained and extremely obedient (service) such as seeing eye dogs, while the other type is really any dog with any or no training where you have a doctor's note (or not) saying it helps you in some way.

Anyway - this is an issue that must be addressed. I watched a 10-12 year old girl FEED the dog from the club lounge buffet. When I inquired with the lounge attendant what the policy was, she said she frankly didn't know and wasn't empowered to discuss it with a guest anyway, that only management or security could do so. I then brought the issue up with management who said it would be addressed.

I know we've had other reports of this happening at the H.R. Grand Cypress - but is it going on elsewhere? If so, we need to speak up... typically it's illegal for animals to be in food service areas but the whole "comfort" dog thing has made it a gray area that people are exploiting...
It’s first and foremost a complete failure of parental duties. Let’s just start there! Dogs don’t digest people food well either, which says nothing about how offensive this feels to people who don’t care for pets. I am a huge dog lover but unless they can completely blend into the wallpaper like a service dog would, I don’t see them belonging in a club lounge. Do write the GM but not the government unless the property can’t provide satisfaction.