FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions 2009-2021
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:48 am
Unionruler

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I'm asking because I can seem to find SIMILAR availability to what's widely available, for these 3 carriers, meanwhile what I find for others is non-existent.

I have tried calling, but the problem with calling and having no ammo or reliably search data is that you're at the mercy of whatever they tell you. I've called KF probably 10 times total, for this and in other scenarios. The first answer I ALWAYS get is "no there's nothing". Whenever I've had that kind of experience with Aeroplan, I can usually fire back and say "oh really, even this flight on this exact date and time, then connecting to this flight". The reply is usually like "oh yea, there it is". Meanwhile I search up 1 way MDE-CAI and get absolutely nothing, not even a bad routing, on every single day I search. I call, I get told the exact same thing.
For the last time...it is NOT similar. I understand what you mean by fall backs re Aeroplan. These do NOT exist on Krisflyer. It's stupid but that's the way it is because the two problems of (1) lousy booking engine and (2) insisting on not giving partners SQ's own LH award inventory conflate to produce such a result. The other posters in this thread have already told you that the primary use of Krisflyer is to fly SQ and not *A metal because of the hell of finding actual availability, and then of booking it.