FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Italy day trip from Monaco
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:47 am
VitaliU

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Originally Posted by KLouis
@VitaliU: This may be the most simplistic history of southern France, combined with a rather strange statement of the local cuisine. Well, Italy did not exist when it's stated that Provence was (historically) part of it and I wonder which Swiss specialty is close to provençal specialties, say (I list a "full dinner" with choices for soup/ first course/ legume dish/ second course-meat/ second course-fish/ and dessert): bourride or bouillabaisse / tapenade or tourton / oreilles d' nes or ratatouille / daube provençale or pieds et packets / catigots d'anguilles or sardinade / pompe à l'huile or tourte de blettes. To keep this post valid for children , I won't mention any alcoholic beverages.

Let's let the OP have his day in Italy, instead of giving him/her our own preferences: both Liguria and Provence are great, food-wise, nature-wise and otherwise!
Ha! I am not sure how it cannot be simplistic when described in 3 sentences. The whole purpose of these forums is to share our preferences and it is up to the OP to decide what to do with it.