FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions 2009-2021
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:40 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Hm...you're approaching it with the wrong frame of mind. AV LM and AC Aeroplan have reasonably good *A availability. KF has reasonably poor *A availability because years of sour relations with partners in terms of award availability reciprocity. They have diverged to the point that AV LM and AC Aeroplan should never be used as benchmarks for KF because there is simply no basis of comparison.

KF has what KF has, and you need to phone in to check what they really have, period.
I'm asking because I can seem to find SIMILAR availability to what's widely available, for these 3 carriers, meanwhile what I find for others is non-existent.

I have tried calling, but the problem with calling and having no ammo or reliably search data is that you're at the mercy of whatever they tell you. I've called KF probably 10 times total, for this and in other scenarios. The first answer I ALWAYS get is "no there's nothing". Whenever I've had that kind of experience with Aeroplan, I can usually fire back and say "oh really, even this flight on this exact date and time, then connecting to this flight". The reply is usually like "oh yea, there it is". Meanwhile I search up 1 way MDE-CAI and get absolutely nothing, not even a bad routing, on every single day I search. I call, I get told the exact same thing.