FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:49 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Friend there right now just sent this. They have added key access to guest floors and gym, and it appears that one cannot go check in at the EL on floor 37 now without FIRST CHECKING with the front desk. Why would one do both? Silly...

This is the way it is done at the Conrad Hong Kong and Singapore, for example. No big deal in practice.

Originally Posted by bse118
Just checked out of this hotel today.

I mean it's a matter of telling a staff member (of which there are many around the lobby) that "I'd like to check in at the executive lounge." I have been to several other hotels that have this same limitation. It isn't really a big deal.

That said I've always found the whole idea of checking in at a lounge a bit silly. Its rarely more convenient than the front desk
It is nice to be able to have a beverage while waiting through the check-in process, or waiting behind someone else being checked in. Also, once done, it is nice to be able to grab some food right away and have the bags delivered to your room in the mean time. Usually when I arrive to Tokyo (or HKG, SIN etc.) I'm coming off a long flight from the US, so these little extras are much appreciated.