FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:05 am
Marty0787

So last Tuesday I called the number to escalate my girlfriends application. After being on hold for 25 minutes not counting even not being able to get through for 10 minutes straight. I talk to a person who informs me they can't help me since I am not the person on the application. To which I state that she is unable to call due to work. I give them her info and said that as of 7-11-19 it would be 11 weeks from submission of her application. He said oh yes I can see that. But I am sorry I still need to speak with her personally. So on Friday 7-12-19 we call back and after another 40 minutes on hold she talks to an agent to only be told oh they just changed the average wait time to 98 days (14 weeks). So she was told to call back in another 3 weeks if her application still wasn't approved by then. So this is our 3rd time total contacting them and every time we get told that the wait time went from 9 weeks to 11 weeks to now 14 weeks. At the current rate wait times will be up to a year. I don't see how they will ever get caught back up. We even mentioned our upcoming trip that would like to utilize this for as that is what the agent said to tell them when I had my interview. Such a disappointing process that people have to go through. Personally I don't think they should even take your money until they process your application.

Last edited by Marty0787; Jul 16, 2019 at 6:19 am