FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking via Google Flights
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalker7654
Suspended

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
how can you be 'too far in' with a search engine??

In the time you have spent posting your reply you could have booked your flights direct with VS!
You think Google is just a search engine? Let us break this down...

I use Gmail for email. I could use ProtonMail etc, but too lazy to move everything over.
I have a Pixel phone, made by Google. I could get an Apple phone but I don't want to spend $700 plus on an iPhone when I can get a Pixel 3A for around $340 (with a trade in).
I use Youtube TV because I share it with a family member and that only costs me $25 a month compared to other TV services that charge well over $80 a month.
I use Google Docs/Sheets as that is free. There is probably another version but again, have never really explored this.

I use Google flights to search for flights in general. Like you, I almost always book direct. However, as more and more airlines are bookable via Google flights, and I can get a flight confirmed in 2 or 3 clicks, why go direct?....if it's still considered a direct booking?

In today's world its convenience that sells. Right or wrong, Google seems to have got this right.