FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Million Miler Doesn’t Reward Long Term Loyalty... Learn From My Mistake
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:45 pm
madmexusa

Programs: AA EXP/CK 8 MILLION MILES, DL, UA MILLION MILER, MARRIOTT TITANIUM, HILTON DIAMOND, HERTZ PRESIDENTS
Originally Posted by jordyn
This is addressed squarely in the OP. Read the second to last paragraph.

Regardless of the OP's situation, if you just read the text of the message without trying to impose any additional interpretation, it's totally sound advice: if you expect to fly >2 millions of miles, it is likely you'll end up with better lifetime status on many other airlines than AA. Did OP express that the best way possible? Probably not, but their frustration can nonetheless serve as an object lesson for future FlyerTalk readers who may find themselves with significant amounts of travel projected in the years ahead.
This is exactly how I meant it. I flew and flew on AA and didn't focus much on their long term loyalty program ... I did get what they promised ... just a heads up for others to not make the same mistake .. granted, the programs change, but today AA is at the back of the back on million miler program benefits... I already have 1.5 milllion on UA ... If I had flown the flights on their metal I would be GS for life with a companion today ...