FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Priority: Status, Upgrade Type, Rolling 12 Month EQD Spend
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:04 am
lightbulbs

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Seeing weird behavior on upgrade priority. Have a flight later today where I was waitlisted for UDU EXP upgrade (UPG2). Was 4th on the list behind one Mileage and two UDU all of whom are EXPs. With only one seat left I figured I should switch to an instrument supported upgrade so I applied a Business Extra certificate expecting to be either 1 or 2 since Mileage, SWU and BXP are supposed to share priority above UDU. After applying the certificate it correctly shows it as a BXP upgrade waiting for C class not R but I remained 4th on the list behind two complimentary upgrades waiting for R class. I was already checked in and sometimes when that’s the case they need to remove you from the list and put you back on. I asked two agents to do that but I ended up in the same place both times. Not sure what’s going on, anyone have ideas? I’m tempted to switch to a Mileage upgrade which could confirm if for some reason BXP upgrades fall behind UDU ones now.