FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton OnQ Internal Customer Notes
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:46 am
PeS

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Am guessing OP did something regrettable LOL.
I don't think so. In hundreds of stays (I'm Lifetime Diamond), I had less than five cases when I had to discuss something with the hotel. I'm an easy-goer and don't require anything special, even upgrades - I tend to book a room I want and if an upgrade comes, it's a nice surprise, if it doesn't, equally fine with me. Sometimes it brings funny situations, like in Hilton Vienna Danube - "As our Diamond guest, we upgraded you to a very nice room, Two Queen Bed Junior Suite which is waterfront". "Well, thank you, but this is the room I booked and paid for, so you did not actually upgraded me, but it's no problem at all." :-)
If it matters, my Uber rider rating is 4.92. I simply just want bed and that's it - I'm not that Diamond :-)

However one of these cases was in Hilton Swindon (now Doubletree) when I booked Deluxe room and was downgraded to basic room. Front desk answer was "Sometimes we upgrade people, sometimes we downgrade them." Got 10k point from Diamond desk then. Or just this weekend - I coughed up so point for my GF's week Germany trip (Dresden and Berlin). Specifically book twin rooms, as guests are herself and her 18 years old son. In Hilton Dresden, they were given double room. When I called front desk asking for the reason, I was told they must have asked for this.

So my couple of issues were similar to this (OnQ or SF makes no difference in the topic)
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Is Hilton still using OnQ or is this part of the switch to Salesforce that others were talking about?

Would be interesting to know what they put in there though. A short while ago had a multi night reservation for a premium room with a view on floors 21-23. First I was 'upgraded' to a non-view room on the executive floor, which I didn't accept. Then, because there was nothing else available, was put on floor 17. "Premium rooms are on floor 17 and above, the information on the website is wrong". Second morning, they still didn't have anything better available, so I suggested a 10000 points symbolic compensation.

When I checked out via the App, as turned out later that day, I had been overcharged $100. Had to call about that again, to have it fixed. Now I wonder if I am promoted to a serial complainer in OnQ. Didn't get the room I paid extra for, they even had me pay more for a lesser room, and still awaiting those 10000 points.