FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Business Class Food - downhill again
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:01 pm
keepitfirstclass

CX Business Class Food - downhill again

OK, I'll admit up front this is a 'first world problem', but I wanted to start a thread about how the food in business class has gone completely downhill in the hope that someone at CX will read these comments and review their Menu.

I travel maybe once a year for work, and the rest of the time I am paying for business out of my own pocket. I an CX Diamond, so spending a lot of time and money with them.

Since they made changes about a year ago, the quality has suffered to the point that I actually prefer BA to CX!

Biggest gripes:
  • Tiny glass of Champagne welcome drink. Not even two fingers at the bottom of the glass. My husband (also CX Diamond) and I actually laugh at how small it is. Why?
  • The Menu thing they hand out is just overcomplicated- why not have a simple card again?
  • Choice of food is poor and getting worse. My confit chicken was just a cheapo chicken leg swimming in grease. Cheese was a bit of brie and cheddar- remember the lovely selection they used to have?!
  • Refreshment prior to landing was a chicken baguette. More Sainsbury's basic French stick than any decent baguette!
  • On all my recent flights I have been seriously underwhelmed and disappointed by the food. The lounge is not much better.
  • The lovely crew seem frazzled trying to get the dishes out. My aperitif came after the main course was served after twice reminding them, they are running around a lot more with the new service and it seems really inefficient.
Would love to hear your thoughts!