FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:22 pm
mrfussion

Originally Posted by Safti
How do you find information on how to rent one of the private residences in Punta Mita. I stayed at the Four Seasons in Punta Mita and it went above and beyond what would be expected.
Any of the well known booking sites (Airbnb, Luxury Retreats, Vrbo, etc). have numerous private residence offerings. With most residences you get a chef/housekeeper, golf cart for local transportation, and access to all the beach clubs within the Punta Mita complex. This includes the St Regis Beach Club (the pool by Mita Mary Boat). If a non hotel guest staying at a Punta Mita private residence with membership, using the St Regis Beach Club you have a minimum spend of [I think] $65 per person. The others like Kupuri and Sufi are free and you can order food/beverages if desired. Many private villas, of course, also have their own private pool.

It really comes down to your preference of vacation style, however. A couple weeks ago someone was telling me they went to Cabo. They weren't thrilled with the food/pricing at the resort they stayed (Auberge). But they were opposed to eating off property due to concerns about safety. Someone with this mindset will be far better off at the St Regis. But I can't go to Punta Mita without driving up to Sayulita for street tacos (Ivans) and churros (just find the cart by the hippie market). I prefer dinners in the village to at the St Regis. Although I do enjoy the tacos from the Mita Mary for lunch when lounging by the pool.