FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:07 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Unlike @MePlatPremier, my Ambassador status has been invaluable for me since Bonvoy launched in February. I’d have to say my upgrade rate has improved substantially, including at legacy SPG, legacy, Marriott, and at Ritz-Carlton properties.

I think the types/brand segment of hotels we visit makes more a difference in upgrade rates than people realize—nicer hotels tend to have more suites, for example, allowing far better chances for suite upgrades. My impression is that most people complaining about lack of suite upgrades don’t stay at hotels with many suites...or stay at hotels that have suites booked more often and consistently.

The actual Ambassador service is just the now: a service. The status does far more now for us than was ever possible in the SPG days. With hotels now knowing our Ambassador status without needing a call or contact from our actual Ambassadors, it frees up the Ambassador personnel to help with the assorted other details with which we may need assistance. Marriott IT blunders being a chief area where we need that assistance!

In truth, my Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador experience has been even more impressive than my previous and wonderful SPG Ambassador experience.