FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:19 am
WHBM

Programs: BA
his has been one of those days, ….. Next, my bus broke down up on Polychrome Mountain this afternoon, delaying my return another three and a half hours.
Comparable experience here. Parked Friday afternoon in the underground Canary Wharf car park, purely to ease a return to the house with Mrs WHBM and Little Miss WHBM. Duly loaded them up early evening, backed out, went forward 100 feet - flat tyre. How can that happen, it drove in fine and had done 250 miles the previous day.. Should be no issue, out with all the tools, but could I get the wheel off the hub, no way, it was seized on solid, there's a sort of aluminium-to-steel electrolysis corrosion can happen. So others go home and I call out the RAC (UK equivalent of the AAA but with, of course, "Royal" in the title).. Of course, being down in an underground car park there's no mobile phone signal. In retrospect I could have driven it to the front of the carpark, where there is a signal, but by this stage the car is up on the jack. Called them at 6.45pm. FOUR hours later there's still no indication from them that they have even assigned anyone to come, despite me repeated phoning and they keep saying they will call back, so I have to stand where there's a signal. Due to the obscure location they said when assigned they would call for directions, the phone eventually ran flat, the charger is inbuilt in the car - where of course there's no signal. Eventually at 10.45pm I give up and follow the others home on the Underground. Have to go back and get it all sorted out Saturday morning, then go and get a new tyre …. Aaaaargh.