FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:41 pm
nldogbert

Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
I’ve been in wearing chino shorts, t-shirt/polo shirt and trainers or Tom’s (slip on canvas shoes) without so much as a raised eyebrow. The wording on the lounge letter is something like “guests are asked to try not to wear flip flops or sportswear to the lounges”. Pool lounge is a more relaxed atmosphere and you’d probably get away with more there than 31st. Regarding tipping, I saw some people trying to tip lounge staff and they physically backed away from the money, very deliberately. The tippers had to practically chase them with the money. I think they had sorted something for them, rather than just served them drinks.
Am currently at Hilton Singapre and the EL here does have the same dress code. To me, this is such a PITA - I am ok to have a dress code, but there should be some common sense applied to it, as long as someone is dressed appropriately - eg. no room slippers, bikini's, singlets, etc this should be fine - but why slippers? It is obvious the property is in a tropical country therefore why slippers becomes an issue - as long as the guest is dressed decently.

Cheers!