FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longest Embraer 175 routes?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:12 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
the most important factor for me isn't how many people are sitting in coach, it is the amount of F seats to upgrade into period.
That's not going to do you much good when all of the seats are sold, or when there are four other passengers ahead of you who are also using RPUs, or who are GS members (GS CPUs trump 1K RPUs within the GS CPU window).

I don't think anyone outside of UA has data on how many seats are booked on 175's vs A320 etc. However, I don't think the loads of purchased F would vary a great deal.
This is ridiculous. If all flights sold the same number of F seats, all planes would have the same number of F seats. It's not like there's some kind of law that you can't fly a 739 as 4F / 196Y. UA is not putting additional F capacity out there to try to help people upgrade. I've been on 739s that didn't upgrade a single passenger. In fact, I was 30th on the upgrade list on a 739 from AUS-SFO once, as a 1K. If I'd had an RPU applied, maybe I would have been 10th. What difference would that have made? Nobody cleared on that flight.

I don't have to convince anyone, it works good for me. If you have a different take, I guess it would further help my chances so by all means keep it up.
Your upgrade percentage has a lot more to do with the places you fly and the flight timing than it does the type of aircraft, but to the extent that the aircraft type matters, the E175 is your best bet among all of the narrow body aircraft. You can choose to ignore the numbers and book what you want, but people aren't making this up. Really.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 13, 2019 at 6:15 pm Reason: OT discussion removed