FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:02 am
ninim2200

Originally Posted by Happy
Used a 5/15 mailer today, was able to submit application. However, got a denial for the first time with the message below:

Unfortunately, we were not able to approve your application.
You will receive written notification with details regarding our decision in approximately 7-10 days.

Not even sure should I call on Monday and attempt a recon? Thought?

Previous applications were 03/19/19 and 06/05/19. Therefore both the 33 and 8/65 days "rules" have not been violated.

On top of that, I only have gotten 9 or 10 AA cards in an 18 months stretch since Jan 2018, plus an IHG and an AMEX Gold on targeted offer.

Unlike others who do the 33 days reiteration, I have multi-months hiatus in the stretch when we took long trips out of the country. So there are gaps of 2 to 3 months in the 18 months stretch there has been no AA application - just like the latest - 03/19/19 and 06/05/19 - over 6 weeks gap in between.

Such a bummer not getting the last possible bonus.
I would wait and see what the letter says before you call, even if you call now they probably will tell you to wait for the letter, may be its something you can clear over the phone.