FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for another great neighborhood to stay
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:36 am
YVRYEGYVR

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
The last three times we have visited Tokyo, we have stayed at either the Hilton or Park Hyatt Shinjuku. While we really don't love the busy Shinjuku area, we love the location of these hotels. They both offer free bike rentals, and we enjoy riding our bikes from Shinjuku to Shibuya to Kitazawa, to Ebisu, etc. You go from a nice busy hub around the train station and then bike through beautiful parks and quaint neighborhoods until you get to the next cool busy hub to walk around.

This time, we would like to explore a different area of Tokyo, but still do it by bicycle (we are very comfortable on bikes in Tokyo and have biked hundreds of miles through the city). We like to bike from a cool central hood, get off our bikes and walk around for a few hours (kitazawa is a good example), and then get on our bikes and stroll to the next cool neighborhood where we can get off and walk around/shop/explore.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for this? Would be great to be in a totally different area of Tokyo!
Can I ask you OP when you travel to the Tokyo area? I've been keen on using a bike more in Tokyo but I've not been successful- mostly due to clothing and weather constraints. What time of the year are you travelling?
Do you use a basket or a pannier?
For me, I sweat buckets biking in the pacific north west where its perfect biking weather, so I worry I'll just be a perpetual puddle biking around Tokyo between May-Sep.
What type of bike are you using?