FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do You Eat at Fast Food Restaurants when Traveling?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:10 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
When in the USA I do sometimes go for a Pret. Convenient and not overloaded with fat.
I stopped at a Pret in Manhattan this past week - around 8th and 48th. I was kind of disappointed. The store wasn't very clean, most of the sandwiches were sold out, and nobody seemed to be restocking them. I am pretty sure the store was going to be open for a few more hours - wasn't like I walked in while they were getting ready to close.

My first experiences with Pret were in London in about '07 or so and they were great. We had one in our office building...it was perfect for when I had like 15 minutes between meetings. And I've had them in NYC for years as well and never had a problem with them. Maybe this is a one-off bad location, but it left me wondering if the brand is sliding back towards the median for fast-food cleanliness and attentiveness to detail.