FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyingHighlander

Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
It’s status on check-in (or maybe day or two before) that counts. There’s no magic formula to calculate your chances of an upgrade. I did OLCI and chose a specific room, but still managed to secure a better room on physical arrival to hotel. They do offer digital key, but mine got confused with the front desk upgrade and offered me digital key to the original room. I suspect if you do OLCI and request digital key, there’s a good chance you’ll be in that room. Personal (and polite) interaction with front desk, in my experience, yields most chance of upgrades. Of course, if the hotel is full, your chances of upgrade are close to zero.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just ignore the app (choosing room/digital key) and see what happens at the front desk upon arrival. I typically never try talk the desk into an upgrade. I simply don't care much of the time - I'm super low maintenance and have no need for a suite or whatever. But since my wife is accompanying me on this trip, and the location is much nicer than my typical locations, it would be nice to score a great room.

So, being a Diamond, is the front desk likely to proactively upgrade me on arrival? Or should I expect to have to politely ask?