FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 -2022 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:30 am
DesertFly

Originally Posted by Colin
Are you Saudi? Will you be in western attire? All passengers have been to the US before?
I suspect the major issue is how quickly immigrations and customs agent process your family.

at this point, just fly as ticketed and hope for the best.
i can’t imagine AC having an agent at Bradley recheck, but suspect the UA agent that will for sure be there could tag it.

i’ve gotten plenty of airlines to reconfirm on new flights over less than a 10 minute sched change.
yes Saudi , flying with western cloth and have been through LAX several times in the past, last time was able to use the electronic kiosks and was a breeze going through.

i will be travelling with a 3 year old can I use that as an excuse to get ahead of the lines at immigration/ customes ? Would the agents be understanding if I ask to jump the line ?

I think my my biggest concern is really the bag drop cut off of 60minutes ; if SV are able to tag it all the way to YVR I suspect I should be fine (although will be running a round to get things done)

on getting airlines to change flights due to a reschedule change , can I possible play that card now ? The schedule change happened back in Feb and I had bought my tickets in Jan , is there a time limit to claim that they need to accommodate a change ?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Flight delays and long queues through immigration & customs are not uncommon. Just luck on the day what happens

LAX is not one of the USA airports that does Int to Int luggage transfers. A very few USA airports do Int to Int luggage transfers.
Anyway on separate tickets many airlines will not interline luggage. For example AA will not interline bags from 1 AA flight to a separate AA flight
SV Saudi is Skyteam Alliance. AC is Star Alliance. Ask at JED, but do not like your chances for bags to be tagged with the AC flight

With 2:35hr between separate flights at a big USA airport I would have your credit card at the ready.
Personally I would not book a 2:35 hr International to Inter/domestci transfer time on separate tickets at a USA airport
You are not connecting on the common usage of that term. Just 1 flight ending and another starting at the same airport.
Many people happily spend good money to avoid USA International to International airport transfers.
thanks for the link and reply , unfortunately that was the best option I had for my trip details although in hindsight I could have booked the AC flight with more time in between

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 13, 2019 at 8:24 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.