FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA A319 G-EUPF nosewheel pushback incident LBA
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:15 pm
allycat53

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
I was on BA1341 this morning and sent through the report to The BASource that is quoted above. All was going swimmingly and on time and we started to pushback. We got about 15 feet and there was a juddering, sudden stop and I thought uh oh, that doesn’t sound good. Sure enough the pilot came on to say there had been a problem with the tug and they needed an engineer to assess the nose gear. After assessment we were disembarked in small groups to prevent destabilising the aircraft. The landing gear was turned through 90 degrees and looked like some collapse as well. After some waiting I was rebooked on the 1750 departure which was unsuitable for me as my VS flight to JFK was scheduled for 1545. Long story short is I am now going Aer Lingus LBA-DUB-EWR on Saturday. Managed to preserve the return legs on VS next Friday and BA next Saturday even though I haven’t flown either of the outbound sectors. £3022 one way for my Aer Lingus J flight tomorrow, thank god for business travel insurance. EC261 claim submitted, refund for today’s BA sector in process, but overall rather stressful and annoying. I’d rather not have tried to taxi, take off and most importantly tried to land on this though ...