FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comparing Star Alliance Business Class Europe-USA
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:58 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by holocker
The flight I am looking at is TLV-SAN on November 29. Connecting thru Zurich and Los Angeles, with a long layover in Zurich.
Here's the routing. Would the flight from TLV-ZRH have a proper Business seat since it is an A330?
TK is actually the shortest distance for that - I presume the TK option has a longer layover if you're saying it's the longest travelling time?

I've flown that exact route on both LX and TK. LX is indeed a lie-flat seat on both legs presuming you get the A330, where TK will be lie-flat on the longer leg, and either lie-flat or recliner on the IST-TLV leg.

Lounge-wise with LX you'll get access to the E-gates business lounge (or Senator lounge if you're *G) which is good, but not as good as the TK lounge in IST. (Although if you're a whiskey person then you might disagree - but I don't think non-*G get access to the whiskey bay in that lounge)

As mentioned above, the LX seats are more private - at least if you can get one of the single-seats which if I recall correctly you can NOT select in advance - but the TK ones are potentially more comfortable (personal preference)

Personally I'd probably go with whichever had the best schedule, or failing that, toss a coin...