FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comparing Star Alliance Business Class Europe-USA
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:01 am
gpicur

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by holocker
How would people rate Business Class On Turkish vs Lot vs Swiss? Looking at some Mileage Award Tickets and these are my 3 options with Swiss having shortest travel time vs Turkish longest.
It's been a few years since I flew TK TATL, but I flew LX two weeks ago ORD-ZRH on an A330 and I found it to be one of the best Business Class Experiences I have ever had ! Food Great, Seat Comfortable, plenty of "foot room" when in the lie flat mode (a rarity) and some of the best food I have ever had on an airplane. The in flight entertainment was acceptable.

As mentioned by others, the TK Business Class Lounge in IST is remarkable. The Business Class Lounge in ZRH is under-whelming; where guests are sent to public showers outside of the lounge. Overall however, I would rank LX best of any of the Star Alliance carriers that I have flown TATL, including LH, UA and TK.

Now my question for the OP is: How did you find UA Award space in Business on LX ? These days all I seen to find (I am a 1K) are seats on ET and MS, and the layovers in ADD are 23 hours. .

Last edited by gpicur; Jul 12, 2019 at 8:03 am Reason: misspelling