FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Korean air defends pilot who tried to drink alcohol during flight
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:33 pm
Visconti

Originally Posted by refox3488
I agree that keeping it internal would be best, but i have a feeling that the Manager felt the need to make it public since the company did not take the report seriously and did not take action to prevent it happening in the future. I for one am happy that it got out since it allows me to be an informed consumer.
Korean Air shrugs off pilot's attempt to drink alcohol during flight

"But the co-pilot told the captain before landing, resulting in an on-board altercation between the cabin crew chief and the co-pilot. After landing in Amsterdam, the cabin crew chief formally complained and wrote about the incident on the company's anonymous online message board.

Korean Air summoned the captain and the cabin crew chief. Then came a surprise ― the company closed the case with a verbal warning to the captain and demoting the cabin crew chief for being responsible for the in-flight conflict."

From the above (sorry, no idea how to snippet a section from an article), it appears the crew chief may have posted on the anonymous forum before KE brass had a chance to even review the case and his/her complaint. Assuming everything reported has been 100% accurate and in its proper context, several things can be true at the same time, in my view. Namely, the Pilot acted improperly (surely, no one would think drinking and flying is a good idea), the crew chief improperly revealed an internal issue, and KE not taking the alleged incident seriously enough.