FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:53 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BThumme
I was told since I wasn't flying to Europe, my excursionist portion was not allowed, I should not have been allowed to book it, my ticket wasn't valid (I had an eticket number and everything). This was with a supervisor.
You escalated a question about an itinerary like that?

It was never UA's intent that bookings like you described be allowed, even though they are within the rules. It's too late now, but if I had known the full situation, I would have included a warning originally.

So not too happy about that, as I didn't want my ticket cancelled, but it has been.
If your ticket has been cancelled, you may have recourse with the DOT, but that may just make things worse. UA is likely to say it was an "error," which they've used successfully to get out of ticketing obligations in the past, and then put more energy into changing the rules to disallow what you're trying to do.

So it looks like the system had some type of time feature between the legs that needed to be accommodated.
I'm surprised it's that sophisticated. I would have expected it to let you book anything that didn't overlap.