FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good Things Come in 3s - Emirates, Qatar, and Singapore First Class
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:33 am
chongl

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I like your reporting style, chongl. Nice quality pictures without wasting our time with silly stuff such as pictures of things like crowded gate lounges, chopsticks presentation, hot towels or seat controls. Your son looks like a bright eyed little traveler, too - I look forward to reading his trip reports someday. Until then, I look forward to the rest of your report and your future reports ^^
Thank you Seat 2A. Those words carry quite some weight from one of the heavy hitters of the TR subforum.

Originally Posted by offerendum
So you are the first who knows of an upcomming crash
Without joking pretty cool
What ended up being your favorite gelato place in Rome?

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Saudia 787s have this dashboard too!
Makes you feel like a more knowledgeable passenger

Originally Posted by mike&co
I’m reading your itinerary and it looks wonderful. Then I see Inverness and Glasgow sandwiched in between. As DanielW mentioned, it will interesting to read your comments on these locations / hotels in comparison to the others. (I’m not that far from Glasgow) Great start ^
Thanks mike&co. I'm sure slumming it for a few days won't be too bad. I'm always impressed with how European carriers can serve a meal on a 50 minute flight when I can't even get pretzels and a drink until after an hour in the US

Originally Posted by antebellum
Great TR. Have to try New EK 777 F soon, such an amazing product.
chongl Jr. Looked like he's definitely enjoy flying First Class, at dad's expense.
ps: How did you manage to photo that much stars in Maldives? It almost looked like somewhere in New Zealand to me (if you ignore the ground)
Thank you antebellum. We lucked into the new F cabin with our flight. I had booked about 9 months out and then saw a seat change alert a few months back. I called to see what the deal was and they told me the cabin only had 6 seats, which gave me the OMG moment. Luckily I wasn't disappointed with an equipment swap. As for the photo of the stars, astrophotography is mostly just trying to get as much light to the sensor as you can. I always have a tripod in my luggage so I was out on the deck the first night doing 30 second exposures and playing around with a few different settings