FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors Diamond Desk Reviews and Experiences: The Definitive Thread
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:13 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by UniversityTraveler
Has anyone had trouble/have suggestions on getting Hilton and/or a specific property to address an issue?

I've been a diamond member for nearly 15 years. I recently arranged a group rate at a Hilton Garden Inn in Independence, MO for my son's baseball team. It turned out to be a horrific stay:
-Sales person essentially lied about a quoted rate.
-Two non functioning elevators causing 9 families to carry everything up 5 flights of stairs
-No functioning air conditioning in the public areas of the hotel, including the above mentioned stairwells
-Rude staff
-Issues with the chlorine in the pool.

I emailed the hotel during our stay about the multitude of issues and received no response, so I contacted the diamond desk. After receiving no response from the Diamond desk I was originally told they didn't respond because they could figure out the nature of the problem and needed more information. So rather than ask for more information, they just ignored me?!?!?

They finally opened a case file and I was told I would be contacted within 3 business days. It's now been 5. I sent an additional email to the diamond desk and get the same cut and pasted language apologizing for a delay.

This has been going on for 13 days now with essentially no response from the hotel or from honors. All I get are hollow apologies and continued delays in a timeline on having the issues addressed.

The customer service has been a joke and quite frankly insulting for a 15 year Diamond member. I'm about to the point of making a switch to Marriot. Anyone have any suggestions?
Don't feel bad. Twenty year lifetime Diamond here, and I have had an open issue for 4 months now. I believe that this horrible Salesforce CRM rollout has totally messed-up the Diamond desk because agent after agent has told me that they no longer have the power to fix many things that could be done easily in the past. I don't know if this applies to your case but, suffice it to say, they are swamped with CRM software issues right now.

Try elevating your case to a supervisor to see if they can make something happen for you.

Good Luck!