FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question on Canceling a Saver Fare
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:46 pm
Lineaway

Question on Canceling a Saver Fare

So, I do have access to the internet but not a phone until later tonight, hence I am posting this now. Hoping someone can answer this before I call Customer Service tonight.

Scenario:
Booked a one way out of SEA to LAS. Then I booked a one way out of LAS to PAE (new airport 40 miles north of SEA). So basically I am flying RT staying a week in LAS. However, each flight is on a different reservation number. Both are Saver Fares which is my problem.

Problem:
Family emergency, which I will spare you the details, came up. Life happens and we didn't see this comming. We cannot fly out (SEA to LAS) on the day we booked. However, we could fly out 4 days later and book one way PAE to LAS ( or I could book Southwest but prefer Alaska) and then fly home on the LAS to PAE one way originally booked.

Question:
I totally "get" we will lose the cost of the one way SEA to LAS by not showing and that was clear when we booked. It was something like 90 bucks. And the cost of the PAE to LAS 4 days later is more, I am fine with that too so we can salvage some of our trip. I have read the policy on the no shows and it mentions that if we don't show, all other flights will be cancelled. So, my question is since both of the original bookings were made separately, have different reservation numbers and the rtn not to SEA but PAE, will my original rtn flight LAS to PAE also be cancelled? Will my new PAE to LAS flight which I hope to book tonight then be cancelled too?

Thanks in advance for any replies.