FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air going downhill
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:47 am
querulant

@HKprince: would be great if you could report back on your experience next week and if you are up for a beer in MNL let us know how you found it. I unfortunately forgot to take photos of the food and the menu but as far as I remember it was a choice of:
Starter
Beetroot Gravlax - i ordered it, found it indebile. I am working in the seafood industry, particularly with Salmon and had a hard time to actually identify this as actual Salmon.
Fresh fruits
Muesli

Main
arab breakfast: worse than before, cheapest cheese around, significantly less than before, terrible bread
kingfish
omelette

Snack:
small burger with sandwich: burger was ok, sandwich with Spam, didnt touch it.
or an arabian dish, which I forgot the name of
@Bob: Yes, I was referring to C and as said I am not expecting two entire full 3 or 4 course meals on that flight. However I found the amount and quality of the food really the worst I have experienced in a very long time. Indeed the wine menu ist still exactly the same and the wines are decent.

Again their product is still great considering the seat, nice crews and great prices. I would still buy fly with them if they would not serve any food alltogether. I just think the cost cuttings on food are not very smart.

BTW: I understand, that the MNL route might be a little special for them. a) it is their longest, all others are less shorter than 8 hours. b) its basically their shuttle for OFW (overseas filippino workers) and hardly gets any revenu in C. In fact on my last 3 segments, before the flight there were always 4 or less people booked in C the day prior to the flight and then almost full on the actual flight, so many op ups are given out c) they sell upgrade for 240€ most of the time which is a steal. So while the amount of food might be alright for a 6 hour hop to europe or 5 hour flight to BKK it is imho not enough on almost 9 hours to MNL but maybe MNL C is just not important enough create a food concept which differs from the shorter flights.