FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cambodia
Thread: Cambodia
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:15 am
Geogirl1234

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Originally Posted by rjh
So 8 days on the ground? I'd skip Battambang and Koh Rong Samloen/Sihanoukville. Sihanoukville is a toilet and travel to/from in your time constraints doesn't make sense. Luang Prabang also not really possible. I'm basing this on recent, last month experience, and maybe 20 visits.

22 Nov: arrive PP (from where? Jet lag recovery? Grab (Uber like) to town); eVisa
23, 24: PP (Penh House hotel on Street 240, book using Agoda; Grab to get around)
25: travel to Siem Reap, take Giant Ibis bus (6 hours end to end); stay at Angkor Village, Wat Bo road
26 27 28 29: SR, 3 day temple ticket + Angkor Museum. Get a guide/driver in advance. 3-day pass is valid for 10 days from the issue date
30: travel to PP. Giant Ibis bus
Before flying from PP to/from SR, work out the time. I think I may in the minority recommending the bus, but I also may be one of the few here that's done both and recently.
1 Dec: leave (allow 1 hour to get to the airport, use Grab)
--
Rich
Thanks Rich! This information is exactly what I was looking for. I don't want to spend alot of time going from place to place so this itinerary makes good sense. I really like the idea of the bus between PP and SR. Is flying recommended by others just to save time? We are flying from LAX through Seoul to PP and arrive late on Friday the 22nd. Should we just grab an airport hotel when we arrive or should we make our way to PP? I'll look into the Penh House hotel, is it a good location for getting around PP? We depart at night on Dec 1 so we will also have a full day in PP before our return flight.