FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B737 fleet to be based in OSL [split off from A350 thread]
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:30 am
RedChili

Originally Posted by ImportViking
For the bit of inside information I got, the B73G and 73H will remain based in OSL due to staff apparently being unwilling to get a new type rating, Airbus being scary and if it's not Boeing then they're going, things like that (which might also be a good thing, given the low quality of SAS staff in OSL). Which means that they will also use the non-wingletted 738 on longer routes from OSL. In fact, I've been on quite a few trips over 2 hours where this aircraft has been used. I understand that OSL-TRD/BGO/SVG is highly doubtful, as regular cruising altitude will never be reached, but LHR, CDG, KKN or even further away is different, imho...
Question about clarification: A 73G is a 737-700 without winglets. The same type with blended winglets is called 73W. A 73H is a 737-800 with winglets. Without winglets it's called a 738.

So, did you intend to say that the 737-700 without winglets, and the 737-800 with blended winglets, will remain based in OSL?