FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does FlyBE + Virgin = Alternative to BA
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:09 am
tuonopepper

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Does FlyBE + Virgin = Alternative to BA

Just reading some stuff around FylBe being integrated to become Virgin 'Something', now obviously a long way from clear what will happen but it got me thinking......They are talking about expanding the 'FlyBE' network and increasing hub capability to Long Haul at places like MAN (my local dep point). If that comes off and FlyBE becomes Virgin something, with their flights eligible for Flying Club credit, then does that make Flying club a good alternative option to BA Exec club, particularly for those of us not London based.

There's a few things a like about BA, however my choices to fly are based on ability to retain status and gain miles, it really doesn;t work with any of the others schemes (flying blue or *A) as I couldn't do the majority of my flying with them. However I'm finding BA hard work, losing the will to go through LHR on short haul and while I hit Gold again this year, I won;t next time round and will be burning my miles. If, and I get it's a lot of if's, the FlyBE Virgin thing panned out as I hope then that would pretty much cover most of the flying I do and could be a viable option, especially if they were handing out status matches...........anyone else having similar thoughts?