FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA Lounge HNL - UA Discussions
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:03 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mr8
I wonder if the UA position is a permanent position? UA could have just been there to help NH staff settle in and/or train the new staff on NH/UA connections for JV flights..?
Permanent or not? I don't know. But I am sure that the UA personnel was not there to help out NH.

NH's service @ HNL is not new. So NH has its own staffs (direct hire or contracted) at HNL. The only thing new is the lounge. Per my observation, there were massive presence of NH personnel, presumably from Japan, to oversee the lounge operation during the opening (my visit was 5/23).

Also - helping out by sending 1 person? Sounds cheap and unhelpful.

FWIW - I was as surprised as most of you when I was reminded of being 1K by a UA staff at a NH lounge during lounge check-in.

Originally Posted by mr8
Only other place I remember seeing airline personnel at a non-airline lounge is the Star Alliance in LAX (though, UA obviously doesn't have any staff there). I once some pax having difficulties accessing the Star Alliance LAX and airline personnel had no authority in regards to access policy, so I don't think UA staff could step in to deny/allow access.
Is your elite status provided by UA? Here is your answer.

Originally Posted by mr8
It is still possible to walk though right? Can't be as bad as the TBIT hike in LAX?
It is walkable. But don't forget, your time accessing the lounge is very limited.

Originally Posted by UAinAUS
Annie (and/or her colleagues) is definitely still in the NZ Lounge at SYD.
I believe the distinction here is one is overseas and one is domestic.