FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - Business Class seats -- hard product comments
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:19 pm
JerseyCityS

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by Eadward
Just did EWR/LHR roundtrip on Polaris hard product 767 flights 110/17.

As always, enjoyed the EWR Polaris lounge although it was pretty packed. Had the burger again - great.

I do agree with the large erosion of the soft product on board. On outbound I was mostly interested in sleep so it wasn't a big deal. On way back, the food was pretty bad. There used to be an appetizer course, that has been downgraded to a salad and some weird pate thing. Main was a Thai chicken dish which was at least mostly edible. For the arrival meal, I chose a hamburger. I thought, United has had some pretty good business/Polaris hamburgers in the past. No longer. There was a thing served which was a cheeseburger patty inside some breading pastry. Served with some small packages of ketchup and mustard. What a lousy fraud. How they have the nerve to call this thing a hamburger is beyond me. Obviously just a cost cutting move and saves time since the staff only have to shove this burger pastry concoction into the warming oven and serve without any further work. The London based staff's service, was purely perfunctory and lacking in providing any additional help. Never once stopped by and asked if I wanted another drink or anything. No PDB in either direction. Seriously? Overall I was disappointed with the flight.
It is listed as "Hamburger Wellington". The "wellington" implies no bun, but in a pastry crust. I just took the flight, sounded disgusting. I had the pasta, which was not great.