FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - Business Class seats -- hard product comments
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:51 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by villox
She did acknowledge that we were going with a “verbal menu” today because they didn’t board any printed menus. ...
I guess I can't complain about the photocopied black and white menu I received back in may.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I often find the Polaris seat crevices are jammed with crumbs, food debris, hair, etc - it's beyond disgusting and the cleaning contractors are obviously not being managed properly with no QA checks by a United employee prior to boarding - you would think their "premium" product would be inspected and verified before every single flight - are the cabin and seats clean? Are clean, undamaged menus and wine lists boarded? Clean bedding? Catering has been verified? etc etc.
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
The report of the Polris seat with crumbs and not having been cleaned is of more concern to me than the food/wine issues. I always ask for the mattress pad (not sure why they do not automatically give these out) and use a wet wipe to wipe down the flat services - now providing a couple of those as we pre-board would be a nice enhancement.
I wonder if the privacy of the Polaris seats make it more difficult for the cleaning crew to get into each individual seat to do a thorough cleaning?
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I think United thinks it is more important to get the food right in the Polaris lounges which is fine by me - it is only an issue if you have an upgrade to Polaris that happens at the gate. ....
Or if you're based out of non-hub and have to make a tight connection. Or if you're unfortunately flying out of DEN which will not get a Polaris!
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
He asked me to write into to 1K voice to express my displeasure... which is a sad state of affairs. Your employees should not have to tell your customers to complain about the service.
Well, I guess we'll all just have to write in to express our disappointment with the way Polaris is going down. Someone should do a template that we can all just copy and send after our Polaris flights.