FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:51 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by Happy
MO payment does not immediately increase the available credit limit once it has been a couple MOs payments already. Each MO payment is considered by Citi system as a NEW bank account, and if there are too many MO payments, then the update on the Payment Due would be delayed significantly, can be as long as 10 days. I learned about this at least 3 or 4 years ago when an account behaving like this - I ended up calling Citi and demanded to talk to a supervisor (no churning at the time). The supervisor explained the above, and manually overrode the system. Next round when similar things happened, I was no longer surprised and just let the system work its course.

You do know that even an MO being "cash out", i.e. thru the check clearing process, it can still be reversed by the bank, right? Citi system has this built in risk control mechanism that would hold the MO payment over certain period, BEFORE it is counted as you have paid, i.e. no longer owe. For as much MS to meet MSR you have claimed, it is surprising that you have not had such issue until now.

Just find a bank / credit union to deposit your MOs then pay either with a push or a pull method - never have any issue on such. Although with how things go now this may not be any need.
Appreciate that, but something else is going on. Looked at my online statement today, and the lower part that lists the charges and payments, resulting in a "running balance", is correct. It shows each charge and payment correctly, and shows a final balance of @$1K due. Then at the top of the page, it shows a "balance due" of $1,500. DW wife has the same thing, the running balance shows @ $3K spent, and @$3K paid, with no balance due. Then at the top of the page, there is the same "amount due" of $1,000.

At least my payments are posted correctly. I'm not going to call Citi at this point, I imagine sooner or later they will fix this on their own.

Last edited by RobertHanson; Jul 10, 2019 at 9:22 am