FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another enhancement - Goodbye water bottles
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:23 am
Tag1987

Was literally just about to post about this as just got off my first flight this month. It’s not the removal of the water per se - I know I can press the call button and get more. It’s the gradual degradation of the BP product I’m disappointed about and that this cut just kind of shoved back in my face. Thus far we have:
  • slippers gone
  • moisturiser gone
  • pens gone
  • linen towels gone
  • bottled water gone
  • prawns gone
And that’s just onboard and what I can remember. Now you might be able to find justification for each and each may not impact you that much, but the problem I have is that premium travel is an experience and this is turning into death by a thousand cuts. It’s not that I particularly care if each or all of those things are there every trip - but I kinda expect to be able to get them if I ask. I can only imagine the cost pressures the business currently faces. But at what point are you cutting off your nose to spite your face?

All for the removal of waste - but this just seems to be cost cutting wrapped up as environmentalism.