FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-MAD IB3167 / IB3179 Equipment Swaps
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:13 am
ubiest

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
FWIW I flew on the widebody recently and regretted it.

T5C for starters. Then WAAAYYYY too many elites in the boarding area, resulting in the standard Spanish practice of pretending to look confused and jumping the queue. 300+ people trying to get roll-aboards into the overhead bins. (regular long-hauls have a higher % of people checking in heavier bags for longer stays away from home)

Essentially double the usual aggravation of an elite-heavy narrow-body route, and five times that of a leisure route.

I can understand potentially wanting to try out a long-haul J seat if you don't ever get the opportunity, but I would never fly Y "because I've never been on an A340".
I find it quite agreeable to leave the South lounges about 45 min before the flight departure, and when I get to gate C5x, nearly all the J passengers are on board and no queues in the priority lane. However, on MAD-LHR-MAD narrowbodies, I do find it quite useful to board at the beginning in Y, as of late, IB are routinely sending the last 15-20 passengers' trolleys down as checked luggage.