FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA FAs tell doctor her clothing is offensive, must cover self with blanket
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:44 am
RooseveltL

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
African-american, but the news doesn't tell people that because it doesn't make a good race-baiting story.
Just a clarification for you (due to the same opinion of our VPOTUS). If/when race card is surfaced in some situations the race of the person in power can/is irrelevant or can be the same as the victim. As if the person in power implements policy to one group of people and doesn't apply the same policy uniform across all = discrimination.
E.g. If a Latino police officer pulls over motorist and only request citizenship paperwork from Latino drivers and no other driver. That is discrimination against the Latino, as illegal/overstayed expired visa may include Canadians, Europeans, S.Americans, Caribbean, Indian, etc. I digress from original topic but attempting to make a point - as many stories don't highlight and obvious (if applicable) because of opinions like yours.
In this example if the FA decided the outfit is too revealing/inappropriate only for this passenger and no other factors (ie. drunkness, too obese for economy chair, acting erratic, etc.) there may be a race factor involved especially if any other passengers on the plane had on a similar outfit (I wasn't there but would assume as much as I fly and America simply wears inappropriate clothing).

Kudos to the impacted passengers as hindsight 20/20 she probably could've/would've had more bite into AA PR if she was ejected from flight, refused to wear cover up towel and stranded in Jamaica due to an outfit which no one on this thread felt was illegal towards TOCs. Maybe AA needs to publish a guide on its website of appropriate attire (with sample pictures) for the cabin similar to restaurants or bars/clubs with dress policies.

Last edited by RooseveltL; Jul 9, 2019 at 6:12 am