FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:54 am
Fossiebear

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by alex67500
I think the idea is to add LAX in the run to get the "nicer" AA planes on the longer transcontinental flight. PHL-PHX won't have that.

AA domestic first is basically a glorified PE. I did LAS-JFK overnight recently, not a great experience.

And last but not least, there is no lounge access on domestic first, unless you're silver already (whereas you'd get access on a JFK-LAX). On such long runs, I expect that lounges are a welcome break.
Would also add that it’s often very cheap to add in a LHR-MAN leg for extra 40 TP and take the AA transatlantic MAN-PHL. Looking at the summer schedule the connection to the A330 PHL-LAX works well on the outbound. The transatlantic seems to be on a 767 in summer which I have no experience with. I booked something in February (on an INV-LAS fare from memory) which has a 787 on the transatlantic connecting to the A330 on the transcon flight. I would take either of these hard products over the current BA Club World. Unfortunately schedule changes have already seen my return PHL-MAN-LHR routing replaced with PHL-LHR direct