FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:40 pm
mongobot

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I just returned from a stay at the Párisi Udvar Hotel staying in the Brudern Suite on a points redemption. The lobby is quite impressive and they seem to have done a very good job on the restoration to the historical aspects of the building.

A few notes to add to what has been said above:
When I called Hyatt to make the booking, I asked if lounge access was included as mentioned in the room profile or if I would need to redeem a lounge certificate. I was told by the rep that it would be included with the room, no cert required. After check in it was a different matter. After some back and forth with management I was told they would make an exception in my case but that lounge access was not included if it's a non-revenue stay.

The Brudern Suite (assuming there's only one) was nice enough but the extra room was pretty useless to me as it's set up basically as a mini conference room + desk. I did use the room to get some work done on my laptop because that's where the desk space is but I'd have preferred a larger living room space.
Also, the suite is one level up from the ground floor / lobby facing towards a major street, the Ferenciek metro station and a bus stop. Sound proofing was pretty good but if you are a very sensitive sleeper you might notice the noise. Also, due to the location of the room, it is an emergency exit and is marked as such on the door to the room.

I had mentioned earlier in this thread my concerns about this property being on the Viking Cruise circuit. The have a table set up just past the reception, across from the elevators. Generally it was a non issue but depending on the timing, the cruise members would congregate in from of the elevators as they waited for their tour excursions so at times it was a bit congested around the elevators.

View of the Brudern suite meeting room looking in

View of the Brudern suite meeting room looking out

Entrance to the Brudern suite