FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:42 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by stmvanc
Thanks to Kacee, jsloan, and fumje for helpful answers.
Recall the context: My wife and I will be doing YVR-SFO-FRA-TXL 23 Sept with SFO-FRA in R (Prem Econ) and I've applied GPUs to our tickets. How proactive should I be about looking for PZ space on the SFO-FRA leg to be released between now and 23 Sept? I.e., can I rely on United's sweeps to automatically upgrade us if PZ is released, or should I manually monitor it from time to time? If the answer is "monitor", then when should I start, and how often should I monitor it?
The sweeps usually work; if I were you I would check the flight at least once a week just in case, and more frequently if it smells like PZ space is coming (PN9), but on a September FRA flight I wouldn't hold my breath. Me, I check all my future flights daily, even if I don't have an upgrade request, but that's just habit (and it helps you learn the route)